
My dad lovingly copied my Vogue 884 envelope for me. :-) Awesome dorm deco.

This is 4 yards of silk at $3 a yard.

Four yards of awesome pink cotton.

2 1/2 yards wool tweed. I have some synthetic print which is really cool, but I already sewed it up and I haven't taken pictures yet.
6 comments:
Dear Anan: A good friend of mine found a blog on Sew Retro of yours and sent me an email with a link to it. I posted a comment on it, but just in case you didn't get it, I thought I would post a comment here as well.
My name is Tonie, I am 47 years old and live in Orlando, FL. When I was a kid growing up in the 60's my Mom was a Master Seamstress and made all our clothes for us. The Pattern you have on this site and your Blog you made for yourself is the exact same Pattern my Mom made for herself when I was a kid. My sister and I were in awe of my Mother every time she would wear this dress when my Father took her out dancing. We thought our Mom was secretly Cinderella. LOL
Tragically my Mom passed away in 1980 while I was serving in the U.S. Army. When I got back home, I found that most of my Mom's stuff had been lost. My sister and I always remembered that dress and how beautiful my Mom looked in it every time we reminisced about her. About 10 years ago, when we were teaching ourselves how to sew we set out on a mission to find this pattern, but to no avail. It seems that every time we did come across it, it had already been sold. I am writing to ask you if you still own this Vintage Vogue Pattern 884 and if you would be willing to sell the pattern or if it would be possible to make me a copy of the pattern and instructions? I would be more than happy to pay you for your time, effort and supplies. Please let me know. Thank you for taking the time to listen and for any help you can give me. Sincerely, Tonie
You are not the first person to ask. It seems that I should make several copies while I am at it! Except this time I am not in the middle of carrying 18 credit hours in a college semester and I have some spare time. Really all I need to do is find some tracing paper. I will do my best to get back to you soon.
Blessings, Anna
Hello Anna!
I was looking for a gown to make for a friend for a Ball, and I came across this pattern. I fell in love with it instantly, as you can imagine, but you're the only one who has made any kind of web post about the real thing. Everything else is photos of envelope with a high price tag for an original pattern. Do you still have the pattern, and can I grab a copy of it from you? I'd much appreciate it, as trying to make a pattern off of a few vague pictures will be quite difficult (although probably much more unique hehe). Please e-mail me when/if you can!
Thanks for your time,
Nikko
NikkoC64,
I am more than willing to make you a copy of this pattern. I do have to charge for it though, because as you said, it's quite pricey. Mine was $150. I'm asking $60 for it. It isn't worth my time and the investment to ask less. I can offer suggestions of other amazing patterns if you would rather not make the leap.
Oh, yeah I'm going to have to pass. I can't really justify $60 for some cloth with lines on it for some sewing experience and a friend having a good night. I am interested in your alternatives though!
I love lots of the Vintage Vogue reprints. This one comes in full-length and I hope I have an opportunity to make it some day!
http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8874-products-44846.php?page_id=850
This would have been my wedding dress I'm sure if I didn't have 884:http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8729-products-14168.php?page_id=850
The bow detail in back is so lovely.
This is also very elegant:http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v1094-products-9754.php?page_id=850
Post a Comment